A squat rack is an essential tool to have in your gym if you want to load more weights on your shoulders during squats. It comprises of two steel stands and a barrel. The flexible steel stands stabilize barbell weights for the user to lift.
Without a squat rack, users have to reach down to the floor to pick weights then put them back after their lifts. A squat rack eliminates all these hassles by allowing users to lift plates off the rack and squat then lift the weight back to the original position. For safety reasons, the system includes adjustable safety bars on its sides. These act as ‘spotters’ to keep you from collapsing if you can’t raise the plates back to the original position.
You can also use squat racks to bench press, just set the squat stand right and give it a go. Just remember not to go above the full weight capacity. Set the safety bars slightly above your chest, so they catch the weight if you have to drop it.
Squat racks come in various designs. If you want to get one, you’ve got to consider the space available as well as your fitness goals.
Table of Contents
Fringe Sport Squat Rack Review
Squat rack with pull up bar
Fringe Sports Squat rack with pull-up bar is the best squat stand + pull-up bar combo in the market. It is solid enough to support your workouts of the daily needs. It includes UHMW-coated J-hooks for easy squat and bench presses. You can load optional safety bars. It carries a 12-month warranty plus free shipping and free returns.
Best features of Fringe Sport squat rack with pull up bar:
- 12-month warranty, plus FREE returns.
- A stable 5 by 4 feet footprint
- 11-gauge steel tubing
- Can be fastened to the floor for additional stability.
- Durable nonglossy black finish.
- Adjustable pull-up bar
- Includes a pair of j-hooks
- Weighs 110 pounds
- 660 pounds max weight capacity
- 11-Gauge Steel
- 93 inches tall x 47inches wide x 62 inches deep
- One-year warranty
Commercial squat rack
Fringe Sport commercial squat rack combines remarkable features with a tremendous weight capacity into a squat rack fit for athletes. Fringe sports commercial rack is built to last. It is made of 2 by 3 inches 11-gauge steel tubing. It boasts of a matte black powder-coat finish. It also has a 46.5 inches wide by 72 inches deep, and 51 inches deep space-saving footprint.
The package includes a pair of j-cups with strong pins to hold your barbell. It has been tested for a max 1000 lbs. weight. The uprights have westside holes, from 21 inches off the floor and all the way to the top allowing plenty of configurations.
Best features of Fringe Sport commercial squat rack:
- One-year warranty plus free shipping and free returns
- Includes J-Cups for benching, squatting etc.
- J-Cup holes begin 2 feet off the floor and run up the height of the rack.
- Can be bolted on the floor for additional stability.
- Solid 11-gauge steel construction
- Easy to assemble, includes easy-to-follow instructions plus everything fits together quite well
- Dimensions: 48″ by 38″ by 73.5″
- 1,000 pounds weight capacity
- Weighs only 125 pounds
Retractable power rack review
The retractable power rack combines a pull bar and a squat stand into an all-in-one kit. It bolts into the wall but is very compact. Simply pull it out for use then fold it against the wall for storage.
This retractable power rack is for people without big floor space; you won’t need to take your car out of the garage to make space for the squat rack. Also, for as little as $150, you get the rack plus wall ball target, landmine, spotter arms, dip station, and barbell storage.
Best features of the Fringe Sport retractable power rack:
- 2″ x 3″ 11 Steel Gauge Uprights with 5/8″ holes. Bench zone Even includes westside spacing too.
- Folds easily for storage
- Compatible with 2 X 3 accessories
- One-year warranty
- Easily adjustable pull-up bar
- Includes j-hooks coated with UHMW plastic to protect the finish on your weight plates.
- 800 pounds weight capacity
- 50 inches wide x 90.5 inches high x 5 inches from the wall when folded or 25 inches when pulled out.
With an 11-gauge steel tubing construction and 47 inches wide by 45 inches deep base, the Fringe Sport power cage squat rack (Kip Cage) is great for practical fitness use. The wide base allows ample room for bar workouts or pull-ups. At all 4 corners, the base is pre-drilled to enhance stability.
The Kip Cage is perfect for low ceiling garages; it stands at 91 inches tall only. The back and front of the squat rack include 1.5inch pull-up bars. The package includes a pair of J-Cups for two squat positions. It also includes safety pins and a sleeve mechanism for extra stability when doing bench presses or squats.
Best features of the Fringe Sport power rack:
- A wide base provides ample room for bar workouts or pull-ups.
- Corners extend beyond their joint with the uprights, to create space for sandbags.
- includes safety pins and a sleeve mechanism for extra stability
- Powder-coated 11-gauge steel for durability and great feel.
- 47 inches wide, 51.5inches deep and 91 inches tall.
- 2 inches by 3 inches – 5/8inch hole diameter, upright dimension
- Weighs 205 lb.
- 1000 lb. weight Capacity
- One-year warranty
Garage squat rack review
If your home gym is located inside your house, you are going to love the Fringe Sport garage squat rack. It stands at 84.5 inches tall with a 4 by 4 feet footprint, fitting into most standard-sized rooms while leaving ample clearance for you to raise your head beyond the bar without hitting your head on the ceiling.
Garage squat rack boasts of solid construction, an adjustable pull-up bar, and UHMW-lined J-cups, all at a good price offer you won’t find with other squat rack brands. You can use the garage squat rack for squatting, pull-ups, and benching. Features and specifications of the garage squat rack include.
Best features of Fringe Sport garage squat rack:
- One-year warranty plus, free returns, and shipping!
- Space-saving 4’ by 4’ footprint
- Built using 12-gauge steel tubing
- Includes J-cups
- Firm stability courtesy of built-in weight horns which also hold plates for storage
- Can be bolted on the floor
- Westside spacing starting 22” from floor
- Adjustable pull-up bar
- Compatible with 2 by 3-inch accessories
- Long-lasting nonglossy black, powder coat finish.
- 450 pounds weight capacity
- Weighs only 80 pounds
- Package Contents and Specifications
- Footprint Dimensions: 84.5″ tall by 49.5″ wide by 46.5″ deep
Who should use Fringe Sport squat racks?
Fringe sport squat racks are for everyone looking to squat more weight, do some bench presses and pull-ups using an all-in-one kit without needing too much space. They are space-efficient, solid constructions supporting weights upwards of 500lbs and include safety features so you won’t hurt yourself.
You can add fringe sport squat racks to your spare bedroom, garage or any other gym and train with weights to:
- Strengthen your core
- Burn calories
- Minimize the risk of injuries
- Strengthens your lower body muscles
- Enhance strength and athletic ability
Why choose Fringe Sport squat rack?
If you are looking to squat more weights, Fringe Sport has some of the best squat racks in the market. They combine the best materials and features for basic and advanced workout needs. Most of their squat racks can fit in typical home sizes. They also have racks you can mount on walls and fold for storage. You can also get a portable two-piece rack for use anywhere depending on the floor space’s size.
A great squat rack can be a worthwhile investment to add to your fitness tool collection. Advantages of Fringe Sport squat racks include:
- Available in a few variations: Before getting a squat rack, you have to consider the space available. Fringe Sport has various squat racks. Most of their squat racks can fit in typical home sizes. They also have racks you can mount on walls and fold for storage. You can also get a portable two-piece rack for use anywhere depending on the floor space’s size.
- Solid built: Fringe Sport squat racks are solid enough to support your workouts. They can withstand massive weights. The collection also includes commercial-grade racks built using high-quality materials to support hundreds of pounds and repetitive use by many athletes inbox or commercial gyms.
- Compatible with 2X3 a 3X3 accessories: Fringe Sport squat racks support both basic and advanced needs. You can use it to do squats and bench presses or add dip bars, spotter arms, and land mines for advanced workouts.
- Westside Hole Spacing: Westside hole spacing allows for accurate bar height. Fringe Sport garage series of squat racks feature ‘Westside’ spacing for accurate bar height.
Fringe Sport has some of the best squat racks in the market. They combine awesome features with solid steel gauge construction and a powder-coated matte black finish. They also cost less than other squat rack brands; they have the best warranty and free shipping. Anyone looking to squat more weights on a budget is going to appreciate the offer!