Do you have a busy lifestyle that limits your ability to stay fit? The situation may be worse if you live in a rented apartment in the city. This is because such houses often have small spaces and thin walls.
If you also have limited space but still want to work out from home, this article reviews some of the no-jumping quiet cardio workouts you can engage in late in the night or in the early mornings. This way, you can lose weight, boost your endurance, and promote your wellness stress-free.
Believe it or not, a quiet cardio workout is completely possible! While it may seem hard to do cardio without jumping or making noise, no-jumping cardio workouts are both stimulating and intense. These exercises also require less equipment, so you can focus on the workout itself.
Check out some of these easy apartment-friendly cardio workouts you can do quietly.
1. Quiet Burpees
Burpees are bodyweight exercises that target all muscle groups. A burpee is a push-up and squat jump combined for one rep. Quiet burpees, on the other hand, eliminate jumping but you have to squat and do a push-up which makes this a great low-impact exercise.
The benefit of quiet burpees is body conditioning; they improve mental endurance and cardiovascular health. They also help your body in burning excess fat by torching calories. By doing this low-impact cardio, you will boost your strength and stamina.
quiet burpees mainly target your chest, core, arms, legs, and back muscles.
For these to be quiet, you have to do them one step at a time. Be careful when doing each one so that it is actually low impact. It is important to note that how you do it will determine the results you get.
How do you do burpees without making noise:
- Stand upright ensuring your feet are shoulder-width apart.
- Squat down and place your hands on the floor
- Step your legs back, one by one, into a plank position
- while in a plank position do a push-up.
- Step your legs forward, one by one, and stand upright
2. Boxing Workout
Boxing is a great workout routine if you are looking to enhance your endurance, stamina, and speed. Sparring and shadowboxing is the ideal apartment-friendly low-impact boxing exercise. It is perfect for toning your shoulders, arms, legs, and core muscles.
- Standing with your feet shoulder-width wide for a boxing stance,
- Breathe in as you prepare to take your first punch,
- Take a jab by extending your front hand forward followed by your front foot. The foot and hand should move simultaneously.
- With your front foot forward, move by rotating at the hip area and putting your pivot rear foot forward while extending the rear arm. Be careful to distribute your weight evenly across the two legs. Pull the cross back to your face and take the next one.
- For the hook, the front elbow should be parallel to your floor. You will do the uppercut, slip, and ducking as you throw the jabs and cross.
3. March Jacks
March jacks are aerobics that is done with the aim of toning legs, arms, and core. They are great for weight loss, an achievement that will depend on the amount of weight you have put on. They will boost your heart health and flexibility as muscles stretch.
The exercise helps maintain body coordination as well as balance. As they improve your strength, you will also be in a better position to manage your stress levels. It works on a group of muscles and will mostly target your legs, core, and hands.
March jacks are done by:
- Standing up straight,
- Raising your hands straight overhead as you raise one of your legs as if you are matching. Ensure that the knee is folded to 90° such that the thighs are parallel to the floor after each fold.
- Bring the hands down and repeat the above step with the other leg.
- Ensure that you land first on the balls of your feet.
4. Step jacks
Step jacks are aerobics done mostly for warm-up purposes. You can include them in your workout program if you are looking to enhance your stamina and improve flexibility. They are also great for weight loss, especially around the abdominal area and thighs. This helps in ensuring that your heart is healthy and your brain functions properly for balanced coordination.
Step jacks work on the muscles on your hands, legs, back, and core.
To do step jacks, you start by:
- Standing straight with your arms parallel to the body,
- Move one step to your right while simultaneously raising your hands straight over your head.
- Reverse to your initial position and take a step in the opposite direction while raising the hands as directed above.
5. Walking lunges
Walking lunges are low-impact exercises used to tone legs. They not only boost the functionality of your body but also improve its balance. These types of lunges ensure that your body undergoes symmetrical toning. They also work to give hip flexibility. The up-and-down movement provides core stability as you exercise. Walking lunges are great for the recovery and resting of your spine.
They work on the leg, gluteal, hip flexor, and thigh muscles.
You do walking lunges by:
- Standing straight with your legs hip-distance apart
- Using the right leg, take a huge step forward.
- Lower your whole body towards the floor.
- At the bottom of the lunge, both your legs should be bent at 90°.
- Push off your left leg such that the left knee is lifted up. This way, you will land with left leg in front in a similar bent knee position.
- Walk with the lunges to the farthest you can go before turning back.
6. Marching In Place
Marching in place is sometimes referred to as walking in place. It is a great low impact workout for warming up because you will pump up your heart rate. It exerts no pressure on your joints so you will not strain much.
It prepares your muscles for high-intensity exercises. Your immune system will function properly due to the routine. The exercise will also boost the health of your respiratory system. It is also great for weight loss purposes.
It will work on your thigh and hip muscles primarily. The exercise is also perfect for secondary muscles like the glutes, legs, core, and arms.
You begin marching in place by following the steps below:
- Stand straight and ensure that your elbows are bent at about 90°. Your feet should be at hip-width apart.
- Take your right elbow forward while you bring the left knee upwards.
- Do this with the left elbow forward and right knee up. The point is to alternate the sides of the arms and legs.
7. Front Kick Toe Touch
This low-impact exercise will transform your body because it will stretch multiple body muscles, allowing you to stay flexible and boost your strength.
Front kick toe touch will work on your glutes, hip flexors, quadriceps, abs, calves, and hamstrings.
You can do front kick toe touch by:
- Standing straight by ensuring that your core is tightened and your back flat
- Step back with your right leg.
- Throw a kick with your right leg as you step it forward.
- Using your left hand, reach out to touch your toes.
- Return your right foot to the starting position and repeat the above steps with your left foot.
- Alternate the legs and hands until you have completed your set.
Low-impact cardio refers to exercises that exert minimal pressure on your joints and are generally easy on your body. While low-impact exercises may spare your joints and neighbors, they certainly don’t lack in extremity! They are a perfect choice for those looking to boost their heart pumping rate.
Low-impact workouts are in some instances used for warm-up. They are preferred as they reduce the chances of incurring injuries.
Most workout professionals argue that when low-impact cardio is done, one of your feet must be in contact with the ground.
Low-impact workouts provide an easy way for you to keep fit as you burn the extra calories in your body.
Yes, low impact Cardio is good for weight loss. It’s also great for beginners looking to lose weight. However, you need to know that the calories you burn with the exercises will depend on the intensity of your workout.
Fitness gurus argue that high-intensity low impact cardio is more effective at weight loss because their results are fast. Walking and cycling are both low-impact cardio but the number of calories burnt after undertaking them for every hour varies.
Additionally, your weight will determine the number of pounds you drop after each session. Ensure that you do the low-impact cardio for at least 30 minutes to enjoy optimal results.
- Compact Exercise Equipment for Apartments and Small Spaces
- Can You Have a Treadmill in an Upstairs Apartment?
- Small Treadmills for Apartments
- Can You Have an Elliptical in an Apartment?
- Should You Buy A Mini Trampoline For Your Upstairs Apartment?
- Weightlifting In Apartment
- Quiet Apartment Cardio Workout
- Stair Exercises for Beginners
- How to Workout in an Upstairs Apartment
- Quiet Workouts For Apartments And Small Space To Lose Weight
- Best Quiet Rowing Machines for Apartments
- Best Weight Benches for Apartments and Small Spaces
Topic: Apartment Workout