Indoor cycling bikes aka spin bikes are common exercise equipment, which helps you burn 210-466 calories in 30 minutes depending on your weight and the intensity of the workout according to Harvard Health Publishing. Cycling boosts the fat burning process in your body, while also strengthening your lower muscles and legs. With an indoor bike, you can enjoy rides from home whenever you like without worrying about bad weather.
Table of Contents
Here Are The 5 Best Indoor Cycling Bikes Alternative To Peloton:
- Sunny Health & Fitness Magnetic Rear Belt Drive Indoor Cycling Bike
- L NOW Indoor Cycling Bike Exercise Bike Stationary Commercial Standard
- Horizon IC7.9 INDOOR CYCLE
- JOROTO Indoor Cycling Bike Stationary
- YOSUDA Indoor Cycling Bike Stationary
Peloton Vs. Yosuda, Sunny, Joroto
|Frame||Welded steel, ED & powder coated||Heavy steel frame and smooth quiet belt transfer||Heavy steel||Solid Steel|
|Dimensions||59″L x 23″ W x 53″ H||40″L x 22″ W x 45″ H||53.2” L x 23.6” W x 54.3” H||42.9″L x 19.7″ W x 42.5″ H|
|Maximum user weight||297 lbs||270 lbs||300 lb||280 lbs|
|Resistance||Magnetic with mechanical adjustment||Friction resistance, adjustable||Magnetic Resistance||Felt Pad|
|Digital Display||21.5” HD touchscreen||N/A||Multifunctional digital display with Cadence||Easy-read digital monitor to track workout data|
|Warranty||12-Month Limited Warranty||12 months parts free replacement||3-Year Limited Warranty||1-year free replacement for all parts is provided for the bike|
Peloton Bike Costs
A Peloton bike costs $2245 without sales tax. Note that the base price for the Peloton is $1995, but the company charges an extra $250 for delivery and installation. That way, you do not have to worry about setting up the bike. Professionals will do it for you.
Besides buying the bike, you will also need cycling shoes and a bike mat, which cost you $125 and $59 respectively.
If you have an issue with Peloton’s price, the fitness market offers more affordable indoor cycling bikes to consider buying.
Below are examples of the best Peloton alternatives.
Sunny Health & Fitness SF-B1709 Indoor Cycling Bike
Sunny & Health indoor bike features a steel frame, and it suits users of all skill levels, beginners and pros included. It measures 53.2 inches long, 23.6 inches wide, and 54.3inches high, which is close to Peloton’s dimensions of 59 inches length, 23 inches width, and 53 inches height.
- With Sunny Health and Fitness, you are purchasing a spin bike with 13 levels of resistance. The model has an up and down switch for simple resistance adjusting.
- The seat and handlebars are fully adjustable up, down, backward, and forward.
- Unlike Peloton, which uses Delta-compatible clip-in pedals, this brand features non-slip caged pedals to keep your feet secure when exercising. The foot straps provide more reinforcement to ensure your feet stay put.
- However, both machines have a maximum user weight capacity of 300lbs. Nevertheless, Sunny and Health have floor levelers to ensure stable rides on uneven floors.
- It also has a lightweight 7lbs flywheel, pulse grips, and a water bottle holder in the middle of the handlebars. The weight of the flywheel is quite low, which might affect stability. However, other parts of this brand provide additional weight to boost sturdiness.
- There are no streaming subscription fees for you to pay when you buy this brand. However, the product has a digital display that shows your speed, cadence, calories, distance, time, and resistance.
L NOW C580 Indoor Cycling Bike
The L NOW C580 indoor cycling bike is suitable for 4’9’’-6’4’’ tall users.
It measures 40 inches long by 20.4inches wide by 41 inches high, which makes it smaller than Peloton.
- L NOW has a heavier 40lbs flywheel than Sunny and Health, which makes it a more stable model.
- It comes with an iPad mount, LCD, and soft, comfortable cushion.
- Like the previous product, the handlebars, and seat on this model are fully adjustable for comfort.
- However, its weight limit is a bit lower standing at 280lbs; Peloton can carry a 300lbs rider.
- The manufacturer incorporates toe-caged pedals on this bike. Peloton has clip-in pedals and uses magnetic resistance while LNOW utilizes friction resistance.
Horizon IC7.9 Indoor Cycling Bike
If you are new to indoor cycling, the 1C7.9 is not ideal for you. However, as an advanced or experienced user, this model is perfect for you, considering the 0-100 % resistance and a heavy flywheel that provides fantastic rolling resistance.
The product measures 53 inches long, 24 inches wide, and 48 inches high.
- IC7.9 is a Horizon Fitness spin bike available with a tablet holder, but you have to buy the tablet separately. It offers real-time cadence feedback and runs on a 35lbs flywheel.
- Unlike Peloton that requires a subscription for you to gain much from it, that is not a requirement for the IC7.9. You can choose only to ride the bike or bring along your favorite media.
- Enjoy cycling along with live or on-demand fitness class apps, such as Peloton, Studio SWEAT on-Demand, or other popular streaming fitness apps.
- However, both Peloton and IC7.9 use magnetic resistance systems. Enjoy the accurate cadence feedback and simple resistance adjusting system on the IC7.9.
- When you purchase Horizon Fitness’ IC7.9 bike, you can use any streaming fitness class app, but with Peloton, you get to use the Peloton app, considering you will have paid the $39 monthly fee.
- Besides, Peloton uses a touchscreen for streaming and feedback display, while IC7.9 utilizes an LCD console. With the latter brand, you get to cycle using dual-sided pedals with toe cages, but you can also use clip-in shoes. However, Peloton incorporates clip-in pedals.
Joroto Indoor Cycling Bike
Joroto is ideal for users with 26-35 inch inseams. An inseam is your leg length; the distance between the top of your inner thigh to the bottom of your ankle.
However, it is 42.9 inches long, 19.7 inches wide, and 42.5 inches high.
- Joroto can carry a rider as heavy as 280lbs and has a 35lb flywheel for stability. It features a chain drive system and a 50mm thick frame.
- The bike operates smoothly and consistently and has a knob for adjusting the resistance.
- It also comes with a monitor that displays feedback such as distance, time, speed, calories burnt, and RPM.
- With the large 10.2-inch tablet holder, you have adequate, secure space to place your devices.
- Besides, Joroto has flexible caged pedals, and with the Peloton streaming app or any other fitness application, you get to have productive enjoyable workouts.
Yosuda Indoor Cycling Bike
Yosuda is a stationary bike for everyone including seniors. It is highly adjustable to suit beginners who need a spin bike that is not too difficult on them and expert users who want intense cardio workouts.
As for dimensions, this model measures 40 inches long 22inches wide, and 45 inches high.
- Yosuda offers smooth rides and features a sturdy steel frame. With a 35lbs flywheel, you enjoy stable biking.
- This product has an LCD monitor that displays your speed, calories burned, time, and distance.
- The aluminum cage pedals provide a secure spot for your feet and prevents them from sliding around when cycling. The pedals have adjustable covers to provide your legs with more support.
- With the adjustable handlebars and seat, you get to bike indoors at a comfortable saddle height and handlebars position.
- Yosuda can carry up to 270lbs user weight, which is 30lbs less than Peloton’s capacity of 300lbs. However, the discrepancy is not that huge.
- The brake pad on this brand reduces noise when biking, so you do not distract other people in your home when working out. Besides, the manufacturer includes a spare pad in the package for replacement.
All five Peloton alternatives are affordable, with the highest price being Sunny Health and Fitness, but it is below a thousand dollars. However, these models do not have Bluetooth connectivity or in-built speakers. If you can afford it, Peloton is still a worthwhile indoor cycling bike for intense cardiovascular workouts.