Yoga as a workout routine concentrates on posture and balance that lead to muscular flexibility, joint strength, and mental calm. A regular yoga routine can transform your physical body and mind by unimaginable levels. Yoga practice, just like stretching, has immense health benefits. It not only builds strength and harmony in the mind and body but can also improve mobility and relieve muscular tension.
Yoga For Beginners Video:
Why yoga is apartment-friendly
You don’t need to do yoga routines at the gym. It doesn’t require any equipment except a mat. It doesn’t involve jumping or smack talk either.
- It is a noiseless routine
- It increases muscle strength
- Leads to improved athletic performance at home
- Can help you maintain an optimal metabolism
Yoga routines at home:
1. Pelvic Tilt
- Lie faceup on the floor and bend the knees
- Maintain your feet flat on the floor
- Inhale slowly and as you exhale press your belly button inwards and push your pelvis upwards
- Tighten your hip muscle and hold the position for 5 seconds
- Complete 20 repetitions
This routine straightens posture and relieves lower back and hip and knee pain.
- Lie faceup on the mat and bend your knees with feet flat on the floor
- Tighten your abs and gluteus muscles
- Raise your hips from the ground to create a parallel form from knees to shoulders
- Squeeze your core and hold for 30 seconds then return to start position
- Finish ten repetitions
The bridge yoga routine strengthens your core and butt muscles.
3. Seated Spinal Rotation
- You will need an exercise ball for this yoga routine
- Sit on the ball and find a stable balance
- Stretch your legs out in front such that they are more than shoulder-width apart
- Extend your arms out at shoulder level on each side
- Maintaining a straight back, rotate your torso to the right and pass your left arm to touch the right foot
- Rotate back up and reach out with the right hand to the left foot
- Complete 12 repetitions on each side
This routine enhances your thoracic spine mobility and strengthens the abs, the back, and the hamstrings.
Recommend yoga mat: HemingWeigh Extra Thick Foam Exercise Mat (Amazon)
Yoga exercises, as seen, are apartment-friendly, physically engaging, and incredibly relaxing. To get the postures and stretches right, you need a good mat. The best fitness mat is non-slippery and wicks away moisture.
Why you need a yoga mat for your stretching routines
- They prevent the risk of slipping
- They allow you to work out on any floor surface
- They can help improve balance and posture
- Their added cushioning helps to protect the joints