Resistance bands are easily the best invention for at-home fitness enthusiasts. This exercise tool is versatile, convenient, and easy to store. It is inexpensive, and it’s a quiet workout tool too. A resistance band tunes up the intensity of your strength training and can also help to prevent injuries in the process. The added resistance can lead to faster weight loss and muscle-building results.
Health benefits of resistance training
- It increases muscle strength
- It is exciting and varied; it can help you overcome a plateau
- Improves mobility and balance
- Is useful for weight management
- It can help to reduce cognitive decline in aging people
Resistance band training routines to try at home:
1. Resistance Band Bicep Curl
- Start by standing straight on a resistance band with both feet
- Hold the band in each hand
- and with arms stretched, curl your hands slowly towards the shoulders
- Maintain your elbows tight of your body during the movement
- Gradually lower your hands to the start position
- Finish ten repetitions
The biceps curl routine strengthens the biceps without zero weight lifting.
2. Resistance Band Chest Press
- Step on the resistance band at the back with your right foot
- With the left foot slightly in front, raise the resistance band at the handles to your shoulders
- Tuck in your abs and push the arms out in front of your chest then slowly press the elbows back
- Repeat till you fatigue out
The chest press routine strengthens the chest, triceps, biceps, and shoulder muscles.
3. Resistance Band lat pull down
- In a standing position, grab the resistance band with palms facing downwards
- Bend down on one knee while keeping your hands above your head and the resistance band tight
- Lower your hands to shoulder height and raise them back again
- Complete 12 such repetitions
- This strength training workout strengthens the shoulder muscles.
Resistance bands are good for taking your workouts on the go, whether at home or in a hotel room. Resistance bands stabilize your muscles and add variety to your strength training. They are also affordable and take up less space. Its advisable to get three different bands of light, medium, and heavy resistance to engage all your muscle groups effectively.
Health benefits of training with resistance bands
- They reduce the risk of injury
- They lead to extensive muscle stimulus
- They improve strength and lead to robust core stabilization
- They improve flexibility and mobility
I recommend Bodylastics Patented Anti-SNAP (Amazon)